Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sewing Printed Pattern Envelopes Reproduced and Repurposed

Once upon a time, there were Printed Patterns (apparently they still exist today but up until a minute ago, before I consulted with Google, I thought it was a thing of the past). I still remember wandering the fabric store isles with my mom rummaging through McCall's Printed Patterns. Half the time the patterns she liked were open and incomplete or weren't her size. Nevertheless, the memory of the patterns is forever engrained in my mind.
So, for my mom's birthday, when it came time to looking for images to use on a DIY birthday card and envelope, I eventually settled on a sewing pattern, a picture of a sewing machine and finally, a McCall's Printed Pattern Envelope.
Who'd have known that McCall Sewing Pattern Envelope images would be so readily available in high resolution? I'm tempted to make a ton of printed envelopes using reproductions of McCall's Pattern Envelopes just to stock up!









Oh the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment