Thursday, January 6, 2011

Card: Happy New Years in a Transparent Kind of Way

I think it's absolutely genius that the company that markets the Silhouette Machine ALSO has a blog of fabulous ideas! I fell in love when I saw this post about creating a card using transparency paper. It took me two months to convince myself to buy the transparency paper but $32 & 100 Write-Only transparency sheets later, my creation was made.

Cards made out of transparency paper has it's downfalls though.
  1. It's probably not the greenest of products.
  2. Fingerprints get EVERYWHERE!
  3. The Silhouette has to be on the highest force setting possible to cut the dang transparency paper.
  4. Damn that paper, especially if you want the inkjet printing compatible version, is SUPER expensive.
  5. Whatever you choose to affix on it has to be glued on discretely or very neatly.

On the plus side, It doesn't warp when peeling it off the Silhouette cutting mat like paper does and it doesn't leave residue (that I can see at least) to further de-stickify the cutting mat. And ultimately, it's unique and pretty stunning in my opinion!

Tools used for this project:
1. Silhouette SD (both in cut only mode and print & cut using Registration Marks)
2. Double sided tape to tape the ribbon
3. 3M spray adhesive




No comments:

Post a Comment