Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gift Wrapped 30th Birthday Card: Bows Glitter and Embossing

I got to practice a new technique and refine two others. This was inspired by Martha Stewarts Holiday Gift Wrapped Cards idea.

Refined technique #1: How to tie a perfect bow. Too bad the ribbon preferred to be straight. I'll never use that style of ribbon again.



Refined technique #2: Glittering. My sister wouldn't be happy if I told her I used spray adhesive for the '30' glitter tag. But, I do have to say that the 3M spray adhesive I used is great. It's super tacky, doesn't stain and doesn't curl the paper. All other adhesives are just nightmares to work with.



New Technique #1: Embossing. looking at the pictures, the embossing looks like it can be both ways. Either you see drops that look like water that form an outline around the letters (this is the melted embossing powder) or you see the letters raised off the paper (just an illusion). A little messy for the first time but not too bad huh? Especially since I'm too cheap to buy a heating tool and opted to hold an iron within millimeters of the paper instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment